Tuesday 3 October 2017

My To Do List for the Day

Finally, after almost a month of suffering with back issues, I seem to be moving better, back to my norm. I still can't stand for more than a few minutes, but am moving around better, not waking up and worrying if I can make it to the bathroom.

I got a bit carried away with my new status, as I'm tired of seeing the mess that has accumulated for the last month when I've been able to do dishes and that's about it. I badly need to vacuum, and that was first on my list for yesterday.

I love lists, but never seem to start at the top.

Before I got to the vacuuming I decided to clean out the stacked set of drawers that serve as my bedside table. As I crochet in bed, little bits of yarn get scattered about, and I swear they were all tangled around the casters of this bedside table. That's where I started. Luckily the casters came off, to make cleaning easier, and once I removed all the drawers I set to cleaning the frame, one section at a time.

I sat to do this chore, and it went smoothly until I scrubbed a spot and was too enthusiastic, hitting myself in the nose and mouth. One job done, drawers cleaned and organized, caster free wheeling.

Next I decided to dust my many bookcases before vacuuming. That was delayed because I wanted to reorganize, pulling the books off the shelves that I was deleting from my collection. There were too many books (not that I think you can have too many books, just too little space) crammed into every cranny.

Because of the back situation, I had to take frequent rest periods to prevent a repeat of last month. While I was resting I picked up one of those books from the 'to get rid of' pile and started to read.

Need I say more. Now today is my day to vacuum, first on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment