Saturday 10 October 2015

MS and Sleep

I haven't had a full night's sleep in years. The closest I had was a 'crash' episode a couple of weeks ago where I slept about 6 hours, two night's running, and power napped during the day. For that 24-30 hour interval, I slept more than I was awake.

It was inevitable, I'd had a busy month, lot's of happy stress and high emotions, plus more than my usual activity.

When I sleep, I sleep like the dead. I don't move for those few hours, and wake stiff and sore. Usually I waken because I need to go to the bathroom, and when I get back in bed, I settle in on the other side, and go back to sleep for another few hours.

I have a hard time settling to sleep, and feel my best sleep comes in the morning, that last bit before starting my day.

I found this article about the different stages of sleep, not the usual REM stuff. As always, I wanted to share it with you.



http://ms.about.com/od/livingwellwithms/a/sleep_ms.htm?utm_content=20150923&utm_medium=email&utm_source=exp_nl&utm_campaign=list_ms&utm_term=list_ms

No comments:

Post a Comment