Wednesday 3 June 2015

Brain Games



It’s funny how the mind works, or should I say the brain. There are all these connections between what the eyes see and what the brain interprets.

I like playing Word Search games, like to scan the page and see if I can find the words before doing a line by line search. Certain letters stand out, like ‘W’ so I look for words with that letter first. Then I look for doubles, as they are also more easily picked out.




There have been a number of games posted on Facebook, find this one specific word or the one number in a page of letters.

Today I was playing on Pinterest as I had my morning coffee; today’s topic was polymer clay. I found this attractive pendant, with letters stamped into it. When you see it, what did you read?


I don’t know if it’s just how my brain works but my first thought was FYI...For Your Information. I thought it was a strange thing to put on a pendant, especially when the artist had the letters in the wrong order.

I looked at it again, and this time could see what it was...Fly.


Like I said, it’s strange how the brain works, how we can all see the same thing, and yet we each see something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment