Thursday 10 September 2015

An Ounce of Prevention

I’ve been sitting here, wrapped in my towel, for the last hour, trying to get some energy back after having a shower. My back was really bad this morning, tough to stand so I’m glad I had the shower chair.

The hot weather has been bad enough, and now that it’s a bit cooler my back goes,why now? Why today?

I try and think of what I might have done to cause this increase in back pain, and finally remember. I went to do my laundry last night, something I had been avoiding with the last few hot and humid days as I have to walk over to the main building. But last night there was a breeze and the temperature had decreased, so I figured it was manageable.

I keep my dirty clothes in one of those shopping cart things. Not the metal one, but the one with the removable bag. I like that it’s on wheels so I can move it when I’m cleaning. But to do the laundry, I lift the bag off the cart and put it on the walker.

Last night, I remember the cart was behind my new dehumidifier, also on wheels. But instead of moving the dehumidifier, I leaned over and tried to lift the bag off the cart, and of course it got snagged and I had to really tug. So now I'm suffering because I didn't use my good sense last night.

As I’m typing I can feel the pain in my right shoulder and am afraid what my back will be like when I go to stand. I’ll have to do it, need to get dressed.


At least I didn’t fall in the shower. If I’m going to fall, and I know it will happen again, I want to fall with my clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment