Thursday 12 February 2015

For Being Brave



When I was out the other day, a woman complimented me on my ring. It’s a simple costume piece, silver coloured with a purple stone. I told her it was my MRI ring, and she looked at me in question.

Having an MRI, especially an MRI of the brain, is not a comfortable experience. It is fifteen to twenty minutes lying in a tight chamber with your head strapped down so you can’t move. It is loud noises and claustrophobic feelings. And when it’s done, they pull you out, give you an intravenous injection of dye and send you back in and repeat the whole thing all over again.

I don’t know who does the buying for the hospital gift shop, but they do a good job. On the plus side, I don’t have to go to the hospital very often, on the negative; the gift shop is not accessible unless I want to pay the cost of parking.

I have my ring, which only cost me $20, and feel it was a well deserved little token for my bravery. LOL


1 comment: