Friday 8 May 2015

Let the sun Shine



The last few years I’ve had an issue with the sun. Heat intolerance aside, the sun was giving me a rash. Not one for cavorting on the beach or in the pool, the sun was only touching face, arms and legs, but still.

Every time I was out in the sun for even a short time, I would get a red raised rash, worse on my face. My moisturizer has a SPF of 15, but I often forgot it before going out, as it was more of a bedtime ritual.

But I finally got smart and bought some sunscreen. There were so many choices I read labels, strengths and finally made a choice. I bought Banana Boat lotion with a SPF of 60, and added the lip balm while I was at it.

Yesterday I was out to the store, a quick in and out, which is enough to cause a breakout. After I was outside in the garden, and had a little walk around the court. Today I looked in the mirror and was delighted, no red, raised rash, no blisters, nada, nothing.


Just to be on the safe side, I may purchase a second tube of this miracle lotion, and keep it in the car, just in case I forget to apply it before leaving the house. Summer has a whole new appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment