Thursday 24 March 2016

Doctor's Appointment

I was fortunate to get an appointment with my doctor yesterday. This pain in my shoulder is wearing me down. There are so many things I do that cause pain, like putting on a sweater. picking up the saucepan from the stove, cutting veggies. Even taking a swipe across the counter with a sponge hurt.

Apparently there are 4 tendons that work to keep the shoulder functioning. These tendons can become inflamed, tendonitis, or they may tear or rupture. Whether you call it a rotater cuff injury, tendonitis, bursitis, whatever, it's all basically the same. Pain and it's location depend on  which tendon. Hereby ends the lesson for the day.

I'm going to have an x-ray and an ultrasound to determine what's going on with my shoulder. I vote for inflamed, and maybe the least invasive cortisone shot rather than a tear and some surgery. I'm all for whatever is least invasive.

Meanwhile, I guess crocheting is out, as all this got much worse after my crazy binge of crochet after the holidays. Even typing causes pain.

I may need to find another hobby to get me through this time. Something without a lot of repetitive motion to cause strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment