Saturday 20 August 2016

Give Me a Day...and I'll Remember

Give me a day and I'll remember. Sounds funny, but it's true. Twice this week, in conversation, I was stuck trying to remember a name, of a person and a then a place.

Don't you hate when that happens?

My brain frequently seems to be on a 24 hour delay. After talking to my son on Wednesday, and unable to remember this woman's name, it came to me, out of the blue, while I was playing a computer game the next day. Brain delay.

Yesterday, out for lunch with a friend and my granddaughter, we got to talking burgers. I said the best burgers were from a place in TO called Magoo's. The name of the restaurant came to me, but not the name of the grocery store in the same plaza where my daughter worked as a teen.

This morning, lying in bed, contemplating getting up, it came to me...Bruno's.

Bruno's was the name of the store where she worked.

This happens to me frequently, these ha ha moments, where my brain finally kicks in and completes a thought. Oh well, at least I finally remembered.

A day late, and a dollar short. Isn't that some old saying? Seemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment