Thursday 15 September 2016

Isn't it Nice

The weather has changed, cooler temperatures especially at night so it makes for a good night's sleep.

The inside thermometer reads 71 decrees F., probably the lowest it's been for three months. I can feel the breeze across my feet, and need to put some socks on, my toes are cold.

I haven't been feeling the greatest, and, according to my neighbor, look pale and tired. I can admit she is right. Can't put my finger on what is wrong, maybe it's a response to the weather and my body is slow to adapt.

This morning I was lazing in bed, enjoying the cool, bundled up in my blankets, when the phone rang. It was my neighbor. She was checking in on me, concerned as to how I was. We talked for a few minutes and I got up to face the day. My mood is better, and how could it not be?

It's so nice to have someone check on me. We do this for each other, as my neighbor has no family close. She is a (hate the word) spry 89 year old, and is more mobile me, but I have a car and take her to the store with me whenever I go. Saves her the trek out to the bus.

We all have our issues. What's important is to help each other, so we don't feel quite so isolated and alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment