Thursday 9 February 2017

Cold Feet

https://www.verywell.com/cold-feet-and-multiple-sclerosis-2440826

I found this article about cold feet and MS.

My feet feel cold all the time, in spite of wearing heavy socks. As evening approaches my feet will be numb, and painful.

I go to bed early and lie under my electric blanket, something I got for Christmas and have only used for these weeks since the holiday. I feel it helps, but the pain I feel each night makes me constantly move my legs, and wiggle my toes.

My feet appear very white. When I could get into the tub I would have a bath before bed to warm up my feet, but the warm water actually made them hurt more.

I apply my analgesic ointment from the knees down the outside of my leg, and that seems to help, along with what I call my 'magic' blanket.

The thing is, you have to find what works for you and stick with it. Anything you can do to not let this disease suck anymore of the joy out of your life than it has to.

Sorry, that sounded pretty 'woe is me' but it's one of those pain filled days and I know I won't get any of the things I hoped to do done today.

But, hey, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, my drapes are open to enjoy the view of my neighborhood. I'm thinking spring, and avoiding any glance at the thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment