Wednesday 8 April 2015

Sensitivity to the Sun



I know my ‘water pill’, otherwise known as Lasix, has a warning about prolonged exposure to the sun, but I don’t know what they mean by prolonged, and how long it lasts, as I don’t take the medication daily.

We’ve had some nice spring days, with lots of sunshine. My exposure has been walking from my car to the store and back again, not exactly like sunbathing, or sitting in the park, and yet I’m getting a rash, most particularly on my face as that’s what is exposed.

All I can think of are the people I see with their noses covered with a thick coating of sun screen, and I shudder. You know the stuff I mean.

My skin cream has a SPF 15 sunscreen in it, and I admit I haven’t been consistent in putting it on before going out; it’s more of a bedtime routine for me. But, since my rash has started already and the sun is not at its worst, I need to invest in something stronger and make a habit of using it.


I don’t really think this is from the pills, though they may make it worse, but whatever the cause, if I want to enjoy this summer I better take the appropriate precautions.

No comments:

Post a Comment