Tuesday 31 May 2016

Summertime Sun

I seem to have acquired an allergy to the sun. If I go out without my sunscreen, my face breaks out in a rash. Even on a sunny winter's day I would find my skin red and itchy.

I bought some sunscreen...50 MPF...and I still get the rash. So the next step was a hat.

Last year my daughter bought me a garden hat, a straw creation worthy of Miss Scarlett. Needless to say, I never wore it, just didn't feel I could pull it off. And for sure, (sorry, Kiddo), I would never have worn it away from the garden.

Yesterday I bought a black ball cap, with a great design in grey and red that says Canada. I like it, and with my new shorter hair do, it looks not bad. It must be a large size, though it is adjustable, and fits nicely down on my head, covering my forehead and shielding my nose from the sun.

It suits me better than the floppy brimmed straw deal. What can I say, I'm more of a beer and ball game kind of girl than mint juleps on the porch.

Already did a test run, out to water the pots on my patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment