Tuesday 14 June 2016

A Reclining Read

I bought my very nice recliner chair thinking it would give me the back and upper body support I needed, and hardly ever use it to its potential. I rarely sit with it reclined.

One reason for that is it seems too much bother, all the reclining, upright to get out of the chair, recline, upright to get out of the chair. I've learned to get what I need, and have it handy, and to go to the bathroom, before I get stretched out and comfortable.

The other reason the chair is not working, is my laptop. The table I was using, which was awkward, broke. So far, I haven't figured out the new system, other than to get a new table to the left, that allows for me to slide the laptop off my lap and onto the shelf, since my computer table is gone.

Yesterday, my daughter arrived early, with a nice cup of Timmie's tea, and when she left I felt indulgent, and grabbed my book, my tea, and read for awhile with my feet up. I should have done this before.

It threw my usual morning routine off, coffee, yogurt and my must-take-with-food pills. I almost forgot the pills, good thing I leave them out as a reminder.

It was a good start to the day, a visit, a good book and a cup of tea. But all good things must come to an end. Monday is garbage day, and the day I assign to cleaning up. Garbage to the curb, dishes done, I heard my book calling me, and it was calling louder than the dust, so I gave my chair another test run. The thing about dust, it's patient, and will always be there, waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment