Sunday 25 June 2017

No More Sitting on the Fence

I have not been the most proactive person regarding my health. I have been indecisive about the new meds and have avoided making a decision. My bad.

At the same time, I am experiencing a new symptom. The first time it happened I thought it was a one time thing, but unfortunately not. Now I need to pay more attention. be aware of what might be a cause, or a trigger.

I was in the car, put it in gear, my foot on the brake and I experienced the worst pain, cramp, spasm? in my foot. I couldn't move, couldn't drive because I couldn't put any pressure on the brake. It passed after a few minutes, and I moved on.

Now, looking back, I'm trying to remember where I was, what I'd been doing.As that kind of movement to my foot only happens when I put the pressure on the brake, the only thing I'd done immediately before was walk.

Last night in bed, I reached out with  my right (same) foot to push the dehumidifier away and experienced the worst pain in my calf. I was overwhelmed with the pain, managed to get out of bed and, with some difficulty, able to press my foot flat on the floor until the pain eased.

The rest of the night I was afraid to move, afraid the pain would come back, but fortunately for me...it didn't.

Is this a nerve pain, if so, I better get my ass in gear, call my doctor tomorrow and make a decision on those new prescriptions. I had the bad side effect from the 1st one, a NSAID, and never started the 2nd for neuropathic pain.

Seems I'm going to have to take charge, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment