Friday 2 June 2017

Vertigo

First off, I'd like to apologize to anyone who has suffered from vertigo, because I may not have been as understanding or empathetic as I could have been. I have balance issues with my MS, have to be touching something to stay steady, can't look up, can't be in the dark, but none of that compares to the vertigo I suffered when I woke up this morning.

I woke up and stood at the side of the bed to judge the pain, which has been much better since the new med. When I took my first step I was all over the place, slammed into the door frame of the bathroom, hit the wall and basically fell onto the toilet. What the hell was that, I wondered.

Didn't get any better so I spent most of the morning in bed, finally getting up so I could get something to eat to take my medication. Wondering if this could be the new pill, as opposed to a new MS symptom, I called the pharmacist. It is a possible side effect of the new med, so I didn't take it today to see if the vertigo goes away.

I feel somewhat better, though that's not saying much considering where I started the day. Not wanting to spend the day in bed I've been trying to sit up for awhile, and so far so good, until I stand and move.

It's been like standing on the deck of a ship in a storm, with rolling waves. At times I feel a little seasick.

My ankle still hurts from this morning, so maybe I gave it a bad landing in addition to hitting the door. And my elbow aches, so maybe I hit it too. I guess I'm feeling more pain, because I've not taken any pain relievers.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Will this be gone and I can say it's the medication, or an I being given another challenge with this miserable disease? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment