Sunday 9 November 2014

Sleep, Sleep and More Sleep

Wow, I’ve actually stayed awake for five hours, first time since Friday. Talk about fatigue, but I do think it was sleep I needed.

Pain was getting me down and I went to bed with my heating pad, early Friday evening. I slept for a couple of hours, and woke, tried to read and slept again. This continued, off and on as I needed the odd bathroom break, until noon on Saturday.

I was playing on the computer, no energy for anything else, and found myself back in bed at three in the afternoon, not coming to until after seven. A quick bite to eat and I was back in bed, reading, only to awaken a few hours later the book clasped in my hand. I turned over and went back to sleep.

Now it’s Sunday and I’ve been up since 8am, but I’m tired and looking fondly at my bed. It’s a relief to know I’ve at least accomplished something. I wrapped some Christmas presents and have written about 2500 words in my current book. But I can feel my brain slowing down, and find it harder to concentrate.

The pain is back, right shoulder and arm, this time, so I think some time with the heating pad is in order.

First I think I should grab some lunch. If the last few days are any indication, I may miss dinner, again. I wonder if Swiss Chalet has home delivery? That sounds as close to a homecooked meal as I’ll get this weekend.


Such is life. Sleep when you can, be as active as possible when the opportunity presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment