Friday 29 April 2016

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

I can't remember the exact story, was it something about a little train trying to make it up the hill, saying I think I can, I think I can?

I'm trying to keep this positive thinking going...so...I think I can.

Yesterday was a good day, considering I had no hot water and my day got all mixed up. I wanted to put the dishes I'd ignored the night before in the sink, to soak, while I had my shower. Had the sink filled before I realized it was cold water.

I'm glad the sequence was dishes then shower, because that water was really cold, and I wouldn't have wanted to be under the shower spray when I discovered the hot water tank was gone.

I spent the day working on art projects I'd had on the go, and was pleased with the results. Not so pleased when I went to wash out my paint brush and found they'd turned the water off.

So, we went from cold water, to no water, and after a time and a lot of sputtering to clear the lines of air...hot water. Yeah.

I didn't let it get me down, made it a stay home work day. And while I was sorting through the piles of paper for the collage project, I found the rough copy of my tax return. Oops, out of sight, out of mind. The deadline date is really close, like Monday.

So there is something positive to be said for not having hot water.

Now, showered and ready to go out, first thing is to mail my return, and that other government form I was to have sent in. All is good.

It's going to be a good day, and the sun will be shining when I'm ready to go out. Positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment