Wednesday 6 April 2016

Too Busy, Too tired

The workshop on living with chronic pain is getting more interesting. We're all more comfortable within the group, so maybe listen more, sympathize? empathize?

I had a nice talk with two of the women, old nurses like me, and found a kindred spirit in a couple of artists and writers. And to think, two weeks ago we were just a group of strangers, in pain.

Out on Monday, and out again yesterday, I was over tired last night and could not sleep. I had to get up and going, to pick my friend up at 11 am to go out of town for my appointment (x-ray and ultrasound).

We were about 15 K north of the lake and hit a terrible snow storm. I couldn't see the road ahead and the sky looked dark and threatening. If it was that bad, and we had a ways more to travel north, what would it be like coming home?

I made an executive decision to turn around. April and the snow this bad, I shake my head. I knew it wouldn't last, melting as it hit the pavement, but I don't like when it comes down so heavy I can't see the road ahead.

Turns out the receptionist at the doctor's office wrote the 6th on my appointment card, when my tests were booked for tomorrow, the 7th. I don't know what the weatherman called for tomorrow, but I know I don't have the energy to have another busy day. I rescheduled and can't believe weather could possibly be an issue.

We had lunch out, and by the time I got home, I was in a great deal of back pain. Laid down on the heating pad and slept for hours, through the dinner hour. When I woke I couldn't seem to get myself moving, brain fog something terrible. Made do with a sandwich for dinner, and now, after a few hours up, am ready for bed.

Just can't do these busy days, one after another, but circumstances don't always allow for that days of rest. I don't care, I'm taking one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment