Saturday 30 April 2016

Still Learning

I've never been much of a joiner. The things I usually prefer doing, like writing and art, are solitary activities.

But I decided to join this 6 week workshop about chronic pain because, being honest here, the pain was getting me down and I knew I was giving in to it.

I learned a lot during these last few weeks, and have made some changes in my life, in my attitude.

It's been a productive week, got some art work done, taxes completed and mailed, house work complete (I did 't do the work but I did pick up).

So this morning, the sun was shining and it looked beautiful out. When I woke early the back pain was bad so had another little sleep on the heating pad and when I got up an hour later, it was better.

I drove to my daughter's place, and though she wasn't home, my granddaughter was. While she got ready, we contacted her Mom and waited for her sister to come home. Then we hit the streets for garage sales. All totaled we hit three places, plus Timmie's for coffee.

Everybody bought something, and I found some interesting metal pieces for my art project. We had lunch (not very healthy, mind you), poutines, from the chip truck before I took the girls home.

I was in pain, needed to lie down, but feeling good, if you know what I mean.

I made it to my heating pad and had a nap, and rested as I started the new book I'd picked up at the Treasure Trove. A good day that I would have missed if I'd given in.

All in all, a good day. I need to do this more often, and isn't it nice that this new awakening has come when the weather is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment